If you aren’t driving with confidence and are unsure about how to fix this, do not worry. It is something that can be overcome so you become a confident driver.
There are a large number of people from all backgrounds that don’t have confidence in their driving but we can help you!
Here Are A Few Reasons Why People Are Not Driving with Confidence
- A general lack of confidence: Someone who has got themselves in a position that they are unable to have confidence in their driving. They do not believe they can do it; they just need help to overcome this and become confident drivers.
- Fear of driving: Those who have just got that fear of it going wrong, or the fear of the vehicle. Whatever the reasons are they just cannot settle to drive. Fear will seriously knock your own confidence.
- A RTC (Road Traffic Collision) can have serious implications on your driving. This may be connected to an investigation or work discipline. On top of this, the anxiety of being back behind the wheel can hinder the ability to be confident drivers.
- Lack of driving since passing the driving test: Some who have passed their test but driven little at all, then expected to drive high mileage for work, could be worried about lack of skill. Often, there is a lack of confidence on motorways, or parking in a fleet vehicle they have never driven before.
Whatever the reasons are, the first thing you need to become a confident driver is the help and guidance from a fully qualified and non-judgemental driving instructor. They will be able to help you and make a bespoke session to suit what you need to help you find your confidence when driving.
If your driving anxiety is more of a phobia, a therapy such as CBT or Thought Field Therapy (TFT) can help build your confidence. There are some good instructors who can help in these areas too. However, we would never claim to be able to cure a phobia through these types of therapies and driver training alone. We can provide the tools you need to get on the right path on your journey to building your confidence.
How We Can Help You Become a Confident Driver?
If you decide to go and get come CBT or TFT, then the driving can follow as a backup and support to getting you back on the road. At your pace, we can base the training session on your circumstances and situations.
Below is a range of areas we typically cover:
- Forward planning and observation
- Rules of the road
- Dealing with adverse weather
- Advanced car control
- Speed awareness
- Understand your confidence issues & how your driving style could be a factor – if appropriate
- Dealing with road rage
- Helping you face your fears – in a caring and understanding way. This can often involve working with you to face your fears. This could be driving in general, or something more specific like a fear of motorways, driving under bridges, left (or right) hand turns and any other driving situation that requires attention too
By exploring these areas, it can help reduce the stresses and anxieties associated with driving and help to building your confidence with driving.
For more information or for a chat about how we can help you build your confidence in driving, get in touch today!