Our GDPR Policy
When we ask you for specific details, we’ll always:
- be clear about why we need them
- make sure that your personal information is kept secure
- Parrys Fleet Services Ltd (‘we’ and ‘us’) means Parrys Fleet Services Ltd and Parrys Driver Training.
- We’re committed to protecting your privacy. We comply with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 (guide), and aim to maintain best-practice standards in our processing of personal and/or sensitive personal data.
- We may provide more specific information about how we use personal and/or sensitive personal data in our product or service specific documentation, such as any policy documentation or literature.
We use the information we receive from you, together with information we’ve obtained in the course of our relationship with you (including in relation to goods and/or services we provide to you, and/or your use of those goods and/or services), to:
- provide goods and/or services that you request
- communicate with you
- personalise information sent to you
You have a right to complain to the ICO if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
Examples of how we may personalise information include:
- using your information in sending out newsletters
- sending you updates on course bookings you have made
We don’t sell your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We store the information you provide to us, including:
- information provided via forms you complete on our website
- information which we may collect from your browsing
Our servers, in common with nearly all web servers, log each page that’s downloaded from the site.
Any new information you provide to us may be used to update an existing record we hold for you.
If you give us a work email address, we won’t be responsible for third parties (who are authorised to access your work email address) having access to any communications we send.
- We will not share your details with any third parties accept to driving instructors who are providing driver training for you or someone you have arranged the driving course for.
Why do we ask for your home, mobile phone number, and email address?
- so we can contact you about an enquiry you’ve made
- to contact you about relevant products or services
- to contact you if there’s a problem with your order
- for any other reasonable reason to do so
Why might we need to call you?
We make outbound phone calls for a number of reasons including to confirm a course booking, or to follow up on a course enquiry.
Parrys Fleet Services Ltd Data Protection Officer, 21 Elswick Tanhouse Skelmersdale Lancashire WN8 6BX.f you have more than one address or email address registered with us, please make sure to:
- tell us which of these you’d prefer we contacted you on
- update your preferences if they change
What we may use your information (and contact details) for:
- To confirm any course bookings and enquiries
- For email newsletters
- To allow our tutors to contact you regarding a booking
- To send you post course driving reports
As required by the Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information you’ve given us. If we give information to a third party (either a provider of a product or service, or an external data processing agency such as a mailing house) we’ll exercise strict control over it contractually, typically requiring it – and any of its agents and/or suppliers – to:
- maintain the security and confidentiality of the information, and restrict access to those of its own employees
- only use the data for the purpose agreed with us, and prevent it being used for any other purpose by any other party
- refrain from communicating with you, except if it’s about the product or service in question
- return the data to us at the end of any contract term
- destroy or delete any copies made of all or any part of the information, unless copies need to be kept to comply with applicable law or regulations
We will also restrict the information disclosed to the absolute minimum necessary, e.g. to provide the product or service.
Your data, your consent
“When you provide us with any data we‘ll always try, where possible, to:
- make it clear why we need it
- and (where required by law) obtain your consent to our use of it
How do we use other people’s data?
Where we deem appropriate, we may allow you to give consent on behalf of your spouse/partner/other relevant person.
If you provide consent on behalf of another person, you must ensure that you have their authorisation to do so. We reserve the right to request confirmation or to otherwise verify that you have that authorisation.
As we’ve mentioned, we don’t sell your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
‘How we use your information’ outlines how we may exchange personal data with third parties to:
- help us prevent fraud and money laundering
- assist us in providing a quote
- check which payment options we can make available to you
- (where appropriate) ensure that we only send you information about products and services that are likely to be of interest to you
Cross-border transfers of information
The laws of some non-EEA countries do not provide the same level of protection for personal data as the laws of the UK.
Where we transfer your personal data to such countries, we’ll take steps to ensure appropriate protections are in place to safeguard your personal data, as required by the Data Protection Act 1998.
1. When you first make an enquiry about (or buy a product or service) from us, you consent to receiving marketing from us
2. Your details are then placed on our marketing list
Each time you receive electronic marketing information or a message, you can opt out from receiving any more marketing information from us.
Want to opt out by post?
If you don’t want to receive marketing information from us, write to: Parrys Fleet Services 21 Elswick Tanhouse Skelmersdale Lancashire WN8 6BX
How do we amend and retain your information?
It’s useful for us – and for you – if we have your most up-to-date information, so please tell us in writing about any changes in your circumstances, and we’ll amend your details. By law and regulation, we’re obliged and allowed to keep certain types of data for a minimum period of time. This tends to be for six years, but can be longer if the statute or regulation requires or permits
Subject access requests: how to get a copy of the data we hold about you
You have a statutory right of access to personal and/or sensitive personal data that we hold about you. You can request to have all your data we hold about you deleted in full. We will delete this data, within 72 hours of receiving a letter from you, and inform you by phone call or post within 2 hours after this has been actioned.
To exercise this right, please write to: Data Protection Officer, Parrys Fleet Services Ltd 21 Elswick Tanhouse Skelmersdale Lancashire WN8 6BX
Please refer to the information you wish to see giving dates if possible. We will not administer Subject Access Requests made by a third party, unless it arrives with the written authority of the person who’s the subject of the request.
You have the option at any time to:
- change the type of material sent to you at any time
- choose which products and services you wish to receive information about
- cancel any previous expressions of interest in particular areas
To do this, write to: Data Protection Officer, Parrys Fleet Services Ltd 21 Elswick Tanhouse Skelmersdale Lancashire WN8 6BX.
- update all relevant documentation, and
- post any changes on our websites
so that you’re always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it.
Provide us with feedback:
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy. If you have any, please write to: Data Protection Officer, Parrys Fleet Services Ltd 21 Elswick Tanhouse Skelmersdale Lancashire WN8 6BX